(Click here to read Part 2 of 2)
Choosing that people love me, instead of that everybody hates me.
Occasionally I have an old “auto pilot” pipe going that sometimes colors my world with big dark brush strokes like “everybody hates me” or “nobody likes me,” and it makes things not so fun! I know it isn’t true and even if it was true who cares. One thing we know from the Abraham Teachings is it definitely doesn’t matter where that old pipe got started. What does matter is that I love when I recognize that icky internal voice; it allows me to consciously choose to pivot and paint a new and improved picture. Through my spiritual practice I keep getting better at hearing that old voice, which gives me the chance to shift it earlier and earlier, before it gains momentum. I begin soothing myself by contemplating thoughts like:
- “I am not such a bad person.”
- “I am actually pretty cool.”
- “Most people say that they love my vibe and that they enjoy being around me.”
- “Folks often reflect to me that they enjoy my energy and they are even inspired by me.”
- “What if most people really like me?”
- “What if people love me a whole bunch?”
- “What if I could recognize and let that love and appreciation in more?”
- “The people I hang out with are pretty cool, so I must be vibrating up there in coolness too.”
- “Actually it doesn’t even matter, because I am Source anyway and I know that Source loves me”
- “I love that I don’t need to do anything to be worthy, I am worthy automatically.”
- “What if I could just chill and enjoy the ride?”
- “I am going to just sink into the moment and enjoy the feeling of love from my Inner Being/Source that is around and through me!”
Ahhhhhhhh, much better! I love sinking into that energy, smiling inside and out, feeling the present moment, feeling the empowerment, feeling freedom from how others view me, feeling self love, feeling happy with my unique view of the world, appreciating the life that I have created. Appreciating the life that others have created. It might seem crazy, but I even love those old pipes that I have because they have brought me much clarity with what I do want. I even love that old story, because it has given me a desire to experience a greater awareness of my worthiness and beauty. Those old stories have brought me to the place where I am now. Now, I get to go beyond! I appreciate that old voice and feel the utter joy of the new pipe. “I am loved!” I am utterly blessed that I can choose how I want to feel, I can choose what thoughts I want to focus on, and I am damn good at it! Yeehaw! Cheers to painting a new vibrant, colorful, and love filled picture!
One day I won’t even remember that I had that old story, because everything is always working out for me and my expansion is inevitable.